I was pretty pumped about the Super Bowl this year. Which is strange because I usually only care about the food and the commercials. But this year I actually knew one of the players!
Bear Pascoe #86. GO GIANTS! He’s a hometown boy and our families ranch close to each other in California. So since I had no other ties to football, of course I rooted for the Giants!
But in all reality unless I thought I might see him playing I stuck close to the awesome food. Your life priorities change when you can have gluten again! I made a Red Velvet Cheese Ball. It was a hit. And way to easy not to share! The recipe came from Taste and Tell blog via Pinterest.
Red Velvet Cheese Ball
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups red velvet cake mix, dry
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- assorted cookies and crackers (my favorite was Vanilla Wafers)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add in the red velvet cake mix, the brown sugar and the powdered sugar. Beat until smooth and combined.
- Turn the mixture out onto a piece of plastic wrap. Wrap up into a ball and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Put the chocolate chips on a plate or in a shallow dish. Remove the cheese ball from the refrigerator and unwrap. Roll in the chocolate chips. (This might get messy!) Place on a serving plate and serve with cookies or graham crackers.
I served it with animal crackers, vanilla wafers, and graham crackers. It was amazing and so easy! I tried pawning it off on someone else last night since I think my chiro is about to change my whole diet this week, but no such luck. So all of my lucky office mates can enjoy today! Happy Monday!